We all are well-known for the term air purifier and dehumidifiers. The air purifier helps in cleaning the air while the dehumidifier removes the excess moisture. Both are efficient in maintaining a healthy environment. There are lots of similarities in these both that make one confuse while buying. With this article, we will discuss which one you should prefer air purifier or dehumidifier.
What Does Dehumidifier Do?
A dehumidifier controls the level of moisture in the room. It is suggested that a healthy moisture level should be less than 50%. It automatically controls the moisture from the air. The dehumidifier also protects a person from various respiratory and allergic diseases. It also helps the wall from molds as they grow in moisture. There are some of the best dehumidifier for basement under $50 that you can use.
What Does Air Purifier Do?
An air purifier helps in trapping dangerous pollutants from the air like bacteria, dust particles, and mold spores. An air purifier removes up to 99.9% of allergens from the indoor environment. With the ability to capture as small as 0.3 microns of airborne the air purifier removes other impurities from your home also.
Which One Is Better: An Air Purifier or Dehumidifier
An air purifier may be best for you in the following ways:
- Health conditions like asthma, allergens, or some other respiratory issues.
- If you want to reduce the pet odors, dander, and other indoor odors and smells.
- You want a clean environment with the least minimum impurities.
- You want to eliminate the mold spores and smoke.
A dehumidifier may be best for you if:
- Get rid of any excess moisture from the room.
- You want to prevent the spread of dust mites.
- You want to reduce the effect of respiratory conditions.
- Want to reduce the growth of the mold in your basement.
Both air purifier and dehumidifier helps to maintain a healthy indoor environment. There are some similarities and some unique features of both. You can use an air purifier to remove impurities and allergens. You may want the dehumidifier generally to remove the excess moisture from your room and to remove mold.